Pokemon BDSP How To Get Poke Radar
|Item||Where To Find|
Locates hidden Pokémon in the grass; requires 50 steps to charge
|Location||How To Get|
|Sandgem Town||Obtained from Professor Rowan after Professor Oak upgrades the player's Pokédex|
How to get the Poke Radar in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl. The Poke Radar is a Key Item that allows you to find rare Pokemon in tall grass that don't usually appear in the region. When its battery runs out, it will recharge as you walk.
Here is great guide done by PokeTips that explains how to catch shiny pokemon and chaining more in depth.
- Defeat the Elite Four and the Champion Cynthia.
- See all 150 Pokemon in the Sinnoh region.
- Head to Sandgem Town.
- Speak to Professor Rowan inside the lab to acquire the National Pokedex and Poke Radar.
- After you get the Poke Radar, you should get the Chain Counter App for your Poketch, which can be obtained in Ramanas Park south of Sandgem Town using Surf(TM95), where you will find Professor Oak, who will give you the Chain Counter App.
Using the Poke Radar, players can chain catch a pokemon, increasing their chance of encountering a shiny pokemon and perfect IV Pokemon in the wild.
|Chain||Shiny Chance||Perfect IVs|
How To Chain using Poke Radar in Pokemon BDSP
Building a chain using the poke radar requires you to follow a few simple rules; below, we explain what you need to know to start chaining in pokemon BDSP. When it comes to catching shiny pokemon or Max IVs Pokemon, you will need to catch the same pokemon at least 40 times in a row to increase your chances of finding these types of pokemon in the wild.
- The Poke Radar will only work while standing in a patch of grass; you will need to walk 50 steps to active the Poke Radar; shortly after, other patches of grass will start shaking.
- When you go to the patch of grass and Catch the Pokemon, the chain will continue +1. To avoid breaking the Chain, be sure to use a Repel Items when Chaining.
- The chain will only break if you run away from a Pokémon, or you encounter a different Pokémon on the patch or by a wild Pokémon appearing before you reach the patch of grass. (You can stop this from happening by using Repel Items when Chaining)
- When a Shiny Pokemon appears you will know, since the Shaking Grass Patch will have a "Visual Shiny Effect".
- Repeat these steps without breaking the chain, and you increase the chance of a shiny and guarantee max iv encounter of a wild pokemon.
- TIP: You can speed up the effectiveness of catching pokemon by using Quick Balls, which have a 5X Catch Rate on Turn 1 of a Wild Pokemon Encounter, you also can use Repeat Balls, which have 3.5X Catch Rate when catching the same pokemon over and over again.
NOTE: While chaining pokemon, you have a 1 in 128 chance that a Hidden Ability Grass Patch will appear. This guarantees the pokemon with their hidden ability if available, and You can find these by looking for the grass that is shaking more vigorously than normal.
List of Poke Radar Exclusive Pokemon in Pokemon BDSP