Before you can hatch an egg, you will need to acquire one. At this point in time, Pokemon Egg Hatching and Breeding is not available in Pokemon Legends Arceus. However, we will still explain the method used in past games in the series. You can obtain Pokemon Eggs by Breeding two Pokemon of the Opposite Gender that share an Egg Group; you can learn more about hatching eggs below.
How To Hatch Eggs in PLA
Just like the past games, hatching an Egg requires you to walk a certain amount of steps before said egg hatches. Some eggs take longer to hatch due to requiring more steps, and some hatch quickly, needing fewer steps.
- First you will need to obtain an egg, this can be done by Breeding 2 pokemon who are opposite genders and share the same Egg Group.
- After you have a pokemon egg, you will need to place it in 1 of the 6 pokemon slots that allow you to carry pokemon.
- When a pokemon egg is in a Pokemon Slot, it will count steps you take. After traveling a certain amount of steps, your pokemon egg will begin to hatch.
Hatching Eggs Cheats and Exploits
In past Pokemon games, some methods made hatching Pokemon faster or easier. These came in the form of Glitches or just a small trick that makes the process simpler.
How To Hatch Eggs Faster
If a Pokémon with Flame Body or Magma Armor Ability and a Pokémon Egg are both in the party, the number of steps required to hatch the egg are halved. Below is a list of pokemon that have a chance of having the Flame Body or Magma Armor Ability.
AFK Egg Hatching Trick
Did you know riding a Bike will hatch eggs faster? This is the go to method for most players, this can be even more effective with the afk egg hatching trick. This is an old school trick the uses the controller and can be done using whatever is available to you.
- First, you will need to find an open space where your character won't get stuck on in-game objects like trees, pokemon encounters, rocks, etc.
- Next, you will want the controller's Left Stick pointing Forward and the controller's Right Stick pointing Left or Right direction.
- Doing this will cause your character to walk or ride the bike around in circles. While you are AFK, your character is moving, which will cause your egg to hatch.
- Below is an example of a Twitter user @poke23156978 using ChopSticks; however, people achieve the same results using Paper Weights, Tape, Rubberbands, etc., just be careful not to ruin your controller.