Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Shiny Pokemon
One of the most coveted things in all of Pokémon is a Shiny Pokémon. These Shiny variant Pokémon are incredibly rare, and can take a lot of effort to track down. However, there are a few methods that Trainers can use to significantly increase their chances of finding one a shiny wild pokemon in scarlet and violet.
How to catch shiny Pokemon
Chaining also referred to as a "Catch Combo" is a method of increasing the Shiny Pokémon encounter rate by catching multiple Pokémon of the same species in a row (So catching multiple Pikachu Pokémon in a row). Shiny odds are increased with each successive Pokémon caught (Pikachu in this case), up to a certain point. You can also make and eat a sparkling sandwich to increase your chances of finding a shiny pokemon in scarlet and violet.
A more in-depth breakdown of your chance to encounter a shiny pokemon chart was made by a twitter user named Sibuna_Switch (Anubis).
How to make sparkling sandwiches for shiny pokemon hunting
The following is a list of the ingredients needed to make a sparkling sandwich (Shiny Pokemon Sandwich's). The sandwich Filling (Pickle, Ham, Basil) will determine what type of sandwich sparkling powers you will get. Note: Sparkling Power increase your chance of finding a shiny pokemon of that specific type in the wild.
- Normal - 1x Chorizo, 2x any Herba Mystica
- Fire - 1x Basil, 2x any Herba Mystica
- Water - 1x Cucumber, 2x any Herba Mystica
- Grass - 1x Lettuce, 2x any Herba Mystica
- Flying - 1x Prosciutto, 2x any Herba Mystica
- Fighting - 1x Pickles, 2x any Herba Mystica
- Poison - 1x Noodles, 2x any Herba Mystica
- Electric - 1x Yellow Bell Pepper, 2x any Herba Mystica
- Ground - 1x Ham, 2x any Herba Mystica
- Rock - 1x Jalapeno, 2x any Herba Mystica
- Psychic - 1x White Onion, 2x any Herba Mystica
- Ice - 1x Klawf Stick, 2x any Herba Mystica
- Bug - 1x Cherry Tomatoes, 2x any Herba Mystica
- Ghost - 1x Red Onion, 2x any Herba Mystica
- Steel - 1x Hamburger, 2x any Herba Mystica
- Dragon - 1x Avocado, 2x any Herba Mystica
- Dark - 1x Smoked Fillet, 2x any Herba Mystica
- Fairy - 1x Tomatoes, 2x any Herba Mystica
You can obtain Herba Mystica from 5-Star Raid Battles in Pokemon SV.
How To Chain in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
To begin chain catching for Shiny Pokémon, the player needs to encounter a Pokémon in the wild and weaken it without defeating it. The player then uses their PokéBall to attempt to catch the Pokémon. If successful, the next encounter will need to be with that same Pokémon. This process is repeated until the Shiny Pokémon is found or the chain is broken.
- Pokémon will refuse to auto battle with a Wild Shiny Pokemon.
- You can go in other's worlds and steal their shinies.
- If you turn off autosave in Scarlet and Violet, you can save your game right before encountering a rare shiny pokemon. When you reload your game, the pokemon will still be their and have the same stats as before.
- Paradox Pokémon are not shiny locked.
Shiny Pokemon FAQs
How do I get the shiny charm?
What does shiny locked mean?
- All Static Pokemon; Legendary, Mythical, (This includes Phione and all Legendary Story Ecounters) are typically Shiny Locked but not always
- Starters are Shiny Locked
- All Gift Pokemon are Shiny Locked
What pokemon are shiny guaranteed?