Pokemon Go Trading Is an Important part for the future of this newest Pokemon game. It allows players to interact with one another and helps them complete their pokemon collection. Pokemon Go is looking like the biggest pokemon release in a long time.
Some major Features that are currently being worked on is a global leaderboard of some nature, improvements to the game’s augmented reality (AR) functionality and even a possible port to AR devices like Microsoft’s HoloLens.
Pokemon Go Trading
Niantic CEO John Hanke has stated the plans for the future of Pokemon Go Trading. Hanke hasn’t said much about exactly how it’s going to work – I expect a ‘trade’ button near the one that currently says ‘transfer’ for sending the critters to Professor Willow – but says “it’s kind of a core element”. Apparently, trading will tie in with the core virtues of the game and encourage players to meet up and interact.
Pokemon Landmarks and meet-ups will become more important than ever when Pokemon Go Trading becomes available.
There is no exact date for the Pokemon Go Trade Feature. Niantic has stated it is among their top priority after server and other issues have been addressed and fixed.
APP CODE FOUND AS OF 8/19/2016
this line of code found clearly indicates that there will be a feature that allows players to search for available trades. The only the players still have to keep in mind, is this search could work many different levels. for example Local, State wide, Country & maybe even Global.
Trade_Offer & Trade_Response
This is another huge indication on how the new Pokemon GO Trading system will work. Players will likely be able to submit a trade offer and the offer player will have the option to accept and complete the trade, or decline and move onto the next or other offers.
Trading might not just be limited to Pokemon, there is still chance players will be able to trade Items or even Candies as well.
Finally we have the trade result, likely will be providing both the players and Niantic much needed information to complete the Pokemon GO Trade.
How It Will Work?
The First Way It Could Work~
Old School Game Boy Days
During the days of the Game Boy & Game Boy Advance players had to use link cables to trade Pokemon Between their games. Lucky for us gone are the days of using cables to interact with another players device.
What this Means is that the two players will need to be in close proximity to Pokemon Go Trade. Such as Pokemon Go Meet ups would be ideal locations as well as Landmarks. Simply holding your phone close to
Such as Pokemon Go Meet ups would be ideal locations as well as Landmarks. Simply being a location shared by other players may just be the way players trade pokemon in the future.
Pokemon GO Centers may be the hub for Pokemon GO Trading, this is a likely function that is yet to be announced for Pokestops.
The Second and most likely Way~
The Golden Age of the Internet
With the internet so readily available in this day and age compared to the game boy days, the most obvious way would be to allow players to trade Pokemon through the internet.
This would allow players to Pokemon Go Trade with others from anywhere while staying in the comfort of their homes.
Niantic would need a Platform in place for this to function correctly, along with many other validation steps.
In theory, this backend platform would handle the entire Pokemon GO Trading Process for the players, in turn making it much more simpler when it comes to Trading Pokemon.
List of Other Features Players Can Look Forward To.
- Trainer Battles (Player VS Player): Fighting gyms all day is fun, but sometimes you want to measure your Pokemon versus your friends. This is a feature Pokemon go players are eagerly looking forward to using. As for the date, this will be available that is still unknown and could be for quite some time. At least till Pokemon go trading is ready since Niantic has their Pokemon Go trade system is the top priority.
- Show Other Nearby Trainers: This would be an excellent way to find out who exactly is playing Pokemon go near you. It also will help players find hotspots for Pokemon activity or just places to hang as a Pokemon go player. In the future, this will allow players find each other and even Pokemon Go trade.
- Friends List: This is one of the best ways for Pokemon Go Players to connect with one another. You could add a friends or players if you find that you can offer each other value with lots of Pokemon Go trading to complete your own Pokemonn collection.
- Pokemon Go Events: These will be city-wide events bringing players together to accomplish a major objective. Players have speculated this may be the way to catch certain legendary Pokemon in the future.
- LeaderBoards (GYM Scoreboards): along with Pokemon Go Trading, there will be a big update to the gyms. Most notably the gyms will soon have leaders, so players can compare themselves to other and finally see who is the very best.
- PokeStops (Poke Centers): Niantic Labs’ CEO John Hanke mentioned there would be some update to Pokestops. He, However, did not explicitly say as to what those types of updates will be.
- Platform Expansion: This is most likely a lot further down the line then Pokemon Go trading. Niantic did mention they were interested in expanding Pokemon Go into other devices such as Microsoft’s Hololens and the apple watch.
- Pokemon Centers: Niantic Labs CEO, John Hanke, confirmed that a future update will allow the players to transform their PokeStops into Pokemon Centers. The players will be able to heal their Pokemon in those Pokemon Centers and also carry out some yet-to-be-announced other actions. Some players suspect this may be a location for players to conduct Pokemon Go Trading or maybe Pokemon Breeding.
Based on Releases that Niantic has done in the past, we can take a guess and estimate as to when some of these future updates will be released. These are not actual release dates, these are when we think these features might become available based on Niantic past release record.
Pokemon GO Trading release in Early October 2016
Trainer Battles release in Late December 2016 or Early January 2017
Pokemon Breeding Release (Due to Gen 2 having baby Pokemon which come from eggs VIA breeding, this feature will likely come with Gen 2 or sometime before it.)
Pokemon GO Gen II release in March 2017
Pokemon Go Trading Updates:
Update 7/11/2016 – No major updates yet in regards to Pokemon Go Trading. players have raised concerns with the new trading system. Most players worry how this could unbalance Gyms in their local area. say, for example, a high-ranking player wanted to trade extremely strong Pokémon to their friends, they could find a way to dominate all of the gyms in a local town. Since there is a limit to how many gyms a player can occupy at a time, trading could be a clever way to circumvent that and keep a particular team (Valor, Instinct, or Mystic) in control.
Update 7/25/2016 – Niantic Labs CEO, John Hanke, confirmed that a future update of Pokemon Go will allow the players to transform their PokeStops into Pokemon Centers.
Update 8/10/2016 – Niantic Labs is currently working on their new Pokemon tracking system, after which they are expected to begin work on Pokemon GO Trading.
Update 8/19/2016 – Code has been found in the newest app update, hinting towards the new Pokemon GO Trading System.