Welcome to our World of Warcraft Classic Engineering Guide, we walk you through the fast way to level up from 1 to the max level 300 Engineering Skill. Pairing a helpful profession like Mining with this skill will make it a bit cheaper and easier to level up. List of the materials you will need and also included images detailing where to find each Engineering Trainer in WoW Classic. We also included some helpful links if you plan to use this profession for PVP Twink Character Builds.
WoW Classic Engineering Trainer Locations
Every Major City Engineering Trainers Location in WoW Classic. Depending on which Race you choose you will likely end up in one of these Cities.
Orgrimmar Engineering Trainer Location
Orc | Troll
Thunder Bluff Engineering Trainer Location
Ironforge Engineering Trainer Location
Dwarf | Gnome
Undercity Engineering Trainer Location
Stormwind Engineering Trainer Location
Darnassus Engineering Trainer Location
World of Warcraft Classic Engineering Leveling Guide
This World of Warcraft Classic Engineering Leveling Guide will walk you through the levelling process from 1 to the max level of 300 Engineering Skill. We recommend players pair this with Mining as a secondary profession, it will help a lot with the materials. If you are building a Twink PVP character then you can just purchase most of the materials from other players and save your secondary profession for something else useful. Below we have listed the location of Expert and Artisan Trainers since you will need to locate those specific Trainers to unlock higher level Engineering Profession and raise your Level Cap.
- [Apprentice Engineering] (Level 1-75) – Any Major City
- [Journeyman Engineering] (Level 75-150) – Any Major City
- [Expert Engineering] (Level 150-225) – (Alliance) Springspindle Fizzlegear in Ironforge | (Horde) Roxxik in Orgrimmar
- [Artisan Engineering] (Level 225-300) – (Alliance)&(Horde) must visit Buzzek Bracketswing in Gadgetzan
Recommended Profession to pair/use with Engineering – Mining Guide
Gnome Racial Trait [Engineering Specialization] +15 Engineering Skill – What this means is the recipes you craft stay Orange 15 levels longer. That makes it easier and cheaper to level up your Engineering Skill.
Keep in mind you should save all the materials/items you craft you may need them in future recipes.
- Learn [Apprentice Engineering]
- Materials Needed 40 Rough Stone
- Make 40 Rough Blasting Powder
- Materials Needed 10 Copper Bar
- Make 10 Handful of Copper Bolts
Similar to the Enchanting Profession, the Engineering Profession will require you to use a special tool and will be the first one you will need to make.
- Materials Needed 6 Copper Bars
- Make 1 Arclight Spanner
you can purchase Weak Flux from both the Engineering and Blacksmith Supply Vendors.
- Materials Needed 28 Copper Bar + 14 Weak Flux
- Make 14 Copper Tubes
- Learn [Journeyman Engineering]
Using both the Copper Tubes and Handfuls of Bolts you made earlier, you can then by the Wooden Stock from any major city Engineering Supply Vendor NPC.
- Materials Needed 10 Copper Tube + 10 Handful of Copper Bolts + 10 Wooden Stock
- Make 10 Rough Boom Sticks
- Materials Needed 75 Coarse Stone
- Make 75 Coarse Blasting Powder
- Materials Needed 15 Silver Bar
- Make 15 Silver Contacts
If you missed it earlier we mentioned you can buy Weak Flux from the Engineering Supply Vendor which near/next to the Engineering Trainer NPC.
- Materials Needed 30 Bronze Bar + 15 Weak Flux
- Make 15 Bronze Tubes
The 5 bombs you make here are pretty useful for PVP and if anything can be sold to players interested in these type of items.
- Materials Needed 5 Wool Cloth + 5 Silver Contacts + 20 Coarse Blasting Powder + 10 Bronze Bar
- Make 5 Small Bronze Bomb
The extra Heavy Blasting Powder you make from this stone can and will be used in future recipes, holding onto these materials for future levelling is important.
- Materials Needed 40 Heavy Stone | 30 Bronze Bar + 15 Wool Cloth
- Make 40 Heavy Blasting Powder | 15 Whirring Bronze Gizmo
- Learn [Expert Engineering] (Alliance) Springspindle Fizzlegear in Ironforge | (Horde) Roxxik in Orgrimmar
- Materials Needed 30 Bronze Bar + 15 Medium Leather + 15 Wool Cloth
- Make 15 Bronze Framework
- Materials Needed 30 Heavy Blasting Powder + 15 Whirring Gizmo + 15 Bronze Framework + 30 Wool Cloth
- Make 15 Explosive Sheep
This the second tool you will have to make to craft higher level recipes.
- Materials Needed 4 Steel Bar
- Make 1 Gyromatic Micro-Adjustor
- Materials Needed 120 Solid Stone
- Make 60 Solid Blasting Powder
At this point you will be level 200 and will need to decide between the Gnomish Engineering or Goblin Engineering, each makes their own unique items and certain items can only be used by them.
- Materials Needed 18 Mithril Bar
- Make 6 Mithril Tube
- Learn Goblin Engineering OR Gnomish Engineering (Start the Quest at your Engineering Trainer NPC.)
- Materials Needed 20 Mithril Bar + 20 Mageweave Cloth + 20 Solid Blasting Powder
- Make 20 Unstable Trigger
- Learn [Artisan Engineering] (Alliance)&(Horde) must visit Buzzek Bracketswing in Gadgetzan
- Materials Needed 120 Mithril Bar
- Make 40 Mithril Casing
- Materials Needed 40 Mithril Casing + 20 Unstable Trigger + 40 Solid Blasting Powder
- Make 20 Hi-Explosive Bomb
- Materials Needed 40 Dense Stone
- Make 20 Dense Blasting Powder
- Materials Needed 75 Thorium Bar + 25 Runecloth
- Make 25 Thorium Widget
- Materials Needed 120 Thorium Bar
- Make 20 Thorium Tube
You Reached Max Level Engineering
Now that you have maxed out this profession you can make all types of items for PVP, PVE and cosmetic fun, most of which can be learnt from Recipes purchased from various Vendors. We recommend collecting Recipes from the following Vendors:
(Note: Some vendors will require a Friendly, Honored, Revered or Exalted Standing just to purchase the Recipe from the Vendor.)
(Note: Keep in mind depending on if you choose Gnomish or Goblin Engineering you will learn certain unique Recipes.)