Welcome to our World of Warcraft Classic Blacksmithing Guide, how to level up from 1 to max level 300. Blacksmithing is often paired with Mining Profession to supply the materials you will need. We list the amounts of materials you will need and a walkthrough of the entire 1-300 levelling. We also included Blacksmithing Recipe Locations that are required and Trainer Locations will be shown below with an image.
WoW Classic Blacksmithing Trainer Locations
Every Blacksmithing Trainers Location in WoW Classic, these Captial Cities are the main hub for most Races. Depending on which Race you start with you will likely end up in one of these Cities.
Orgrimmar Blacksmithing Trainer Location
Orc | Troll
Thunder Bluff Blacksmithing Trainer Location
Ironforge Blacksmithing Trainer Location
Dwarf | Gnome
Undercity Blacksmithing Trainer Location
Stormwind Blacksmithing Trainer Location
Darnassus Blacksmithing Trainer Location
World of Warcraft Classic Blacksmithing Leveling Guide
This World of Warcraft Classic Alchemy Blacksmithing Guide will list the Ingredients and Materials you will need to go from level 1 to the max level of 300 with the Blacksmithing Profession. You will want to have the Mining Profession and if for some reason you do not have it or want it, you will need to purchase these materials from other players.
- [Apprentice Blacksmithing] (Level 1-75) – Any Major City
- [Journeyman Blacksmithing] (Level 75-150) – Any Major City
- [Expert Blacksmithing] (Level 150-225) – Learn in Orgrimmar for Horde OR Ironforge for Alliance
- [Artisan Blacksmithing] (Level 225-300) – Learn from Brikk Keencraft in Booty Bay, Stranglethorn Vale
Recommended Profession to pair/use with Blacksmithing – Mining Guide
It’s an easy start for levelling up Blacksmithing in WoW Classic, most of your early levels will come from Stones. These are extra materials you receive from mining various types of Orc Viens and are relatively cheap.
- Learn [Apprentice Blacksmithing]
- Materials Needed 30 Rough Stone
- Make 30 Rough Sharpening Stone
We continue to use Rough Stones, but know at twice the rate, this will give you an easy 65 levels from stones alone.
- Materials Needed 100 Rough Stone
- Make 50 Rough Grinding Stones
Things start to slow down from here on out if you haven’t yet you should return to the Profession trainer and learn Journeyman Blacksmithing. Now we start using our next type of stone that will provide 45 or so levels.
- Learn [Journeyman Blacksmithing]
- Materials Needed 20 Course Stone
- Make 20 Course Sharpening Stones
These are some of the last levels you will see from Stones for a while, you also will need a lot of these Course Stones to reach level 100. If you have extra Copper Bars you can use a little to make Ruined Copper Belt, but we only recommend this if you cannot get enough Course Stone.
- Materials Needed 100 Course Stone
- Make 50 Course Grinding Stones
You can sell the Rods you make since the Enchanting Profession uses them.
- Materials Needed 5 Silver Bar + 10 Rough Grinding Stones
- Make 5 Silver Rod
- Learn [Expert Blacksmithing] In (Horde) Orgrimmar Or (Alliance) Ironforge
- Materials Needed 120 Bronze Bar
- Make 20 Rough Bronze Leggings
Some more easy Stone Levels, some times if these are cheap you can buy many of them from other players that simply have not needed for them.
- Materials Needed 90 Heavy Stone
- Make 30 Heavy Grinding Stones
- Materials Needed 25 Bronze Bar + 5 Coarse Grinding Stone
- Make 5 Rough Bronze Shoulders
- Materials Needed 25 Bronze Bar + 10 Coarse Grinding Stone
- Make 5 Patterned Bronze Bracers
Just a reminder that you can also sell these Golden Rods to players with an Enchanting Profession.
- Materials Needed 5 Gold Bar + 10 Coarse Grinding Stone
- Make 5 Golden Rod
- Materials Needed 120 Iron Bar + 10 Green Dye
- Make 20 Green Iron Bracer
Keep in mind when making Steel Bars you can purchase Coal from the Blacksmithing Supply Vendor near the Blacksmithing Trainer NPC.
- Materials Needed 50 Steel Bar + 20 Heavy Grinding Stone
- Make 10 Golden Scale Bracers
- Materials Needed 80 Solid Stone
- Make 20 Solid Grinding Stone
- Materials Needed 25 Steel Bar + 10 Heavy Grinding Stone
- Make 5 Golden Scale Bracers
- Learn [Artisan Blacksmithing] from Brikk Keencraft in Booty Bay, Stranglethorn Vale
- Materials Needed 280 Steel Bar + 20 Solid Grinding Stone
- Make 20 Steel Plate Helm
- Materials Needed 60 Mithril Bar + 45 Solid Grinding Stone
- Make 15 Mithril Spurs
- Materials Needed 20 Dense Stone
- Make 20 Dense Sharpening Stones
Depending on if you are an Armoursmith OR a Weaponsmith there are two different ways you can reach level 270 fast.
- Armoursmith Materials Needed 160 Mithril Bar + 20 Core of Earth
- Weaponsmith Materials Needed 120 Mithril Bar + 40 Core of Earth
- Armoursmith Make 10 Earthforged Leggings
- Weaponsmith Make 10 Light Earthforged Blade
- Materials Needed 60 Thorium Bar
- Make 5 Imperial Plate Belt
- Materials Needed 240 Thorium Bar
- Make 20 Imperial Plate Bracers
- Materials Needed 75 Thorium Bar
- Make 5 Imperial Plate Boots
You Reached Max Level Blacksmithing
Now that you have maxed out this profession you can make lots of different types of plate armour and other various weapons and items, most of which can be learnt from Recipes purchased from various Vendors. We recommend collecting Recipes from the following Vendors:
(Note: Some vendors will require a Friendly, Honored, Revered or Exalted Reputation just to purchase the Recipe from the Vendor.)
- Quartermaster Miranda Breechlock in Eastern Plaguelands
- Lokhtos Darkbargainer in Blackrock Depths
- Meilosh in Felwood
- Rin’wosho the Trader in Stranglethorn Vale
- Brienna Starglow in Thousand Needles
- Gharash in Swamp of Sorrows