Welcome to our World of Warcraft Classic Alchemy Guide, how to level up from 1 to max level 300. Alchemy is often paired with Herbalism Profession to supply the materials you will need. We list the amounts of materials you will need and a walkthrough of the entire 1-300 levelling. We also included Alchemy Recipe Locations that are required and Trainer Locations will be shown below with an image.
WoW Classic Alchemy Trainer Locations
Every Alchemy Trainers Location in WoW Classic, these Captial Cities are the main hub for most Races. Depending on which Race you start with you will likely end up in one of these Cities.
Orgrimmar Alchemy Trainer Location
Orc | Troll
Thunder Bluff Alchemy Trainer Location
Ironforge Alchemy Trainer Location
Dwarf | Gnome
Undercity Alchemy Trainer Location
Stormwind Alchemy Trainer Location
Darnassus Alchemy Trainer Location
World of Warcraft Classic Alchemy Leveling Guide
This World of Warcraft Classic Alchemy Guide will list the Ingredients and Materials you will need to go from level 1 to the max level of 300 with the Alchemy Profession. You will want to have the Herbalism Profession and if for some reason you do not have it or want it, you will need to purchase these materials from other players. Using Alchemy Trainers you can learn more Recipes and Increase your profession Level Cap, only certain Trainers can unlock higher levels of this profession.
- [Apprentice Alchemy] (Level 1-75) – Any Major City
- [Journeyman Alchemy] (Level 75-150) – Any Major City
- [Expert Alchemy] (Level 150-225) – (Alliance) Ainethil in Darnassus OR Kylanna Windwhisper in Feralas | (Horde) Doctor Herbert Halsey in Undercity OR Rogvar in Swamp of Sorrows
- [Artisan Alchemy] (Level 225-300) – (Alliance) Kylanna Windwhisper in Feralas | (Horde) Rogvar in Swamp of Sorrows
Where Do I Get “Empty Vials”? – You can purchase “Empty Vial” from the Alchemy Supply Vendor, they can be found near the Alchemy Trainer NPC.
Recommended Profession to pair/use with Alchemy – Herbalism Guide
This is where you will start levelling up Alchemy in WoW Classic, the first 60 and then 50 more levels are rather straight forward. just remember to save the potions you make with these first 60 levels, since you will using them in the next 50.
- Learn [Apprentice Alchemy]
- Materials Needed 60 Peacebloom + 60 Silverleaf + 60 Empty Vail
- Make 60 Minor Healing Potions
Using the Minor Healing potions from earlier you can get another easy 50 levels turning them into Lesser Healing Potions.
- Learn [Journeyman Alchemy]
- Materials Needed 50 Minor Healing Potions + 50 Briarthorn
- Make 50 Lesser Healing Potions
- Materials Needed 30 Briuseweed + 30 Brairthorn + 30 Leaded Vial
- Make 30 Healing Potion
- Learn [Expert Alchemy] (Alliance) Ainethil in Darnassus OR Kylanna Windwhisper in Feralas | (Horde) Doctor Herbert Halsey in Undercity OR Rogvar in Swamp of Sorrows
At this profession level, if you do not have Herbalism the Materials you require will start to get expensive if you are buying them from other players.
- Materials Needed 20 Mageroyal + 20 Stranglekelp + 20 Empty Vial
- Make 20 Lesser Mana Potion
- Materials Needed 30 Liferoot + 30 Kingsblood + 30 Leaded Vial
- Make 30 Greater Healing Potion
You can sell these Elixirs of Agility Potions to other players or use them for your Hunter or Rogue.
- Materials Needed 25 Stranglekelp + 25 Goldthorn + 25 Leaded Vial
- Make 25 Elixir of Agility
After you have finished up making 5 of these Elixirs you will want to Learn [Artisan Alchemy] from either Kylanna or Rogvar. This will finally unlock the final level cap and allow you to max out your profession.
- Materials Needed 5 Steelbloom + 5 Goldthorn + 5 Leaded Vial
- Make 5 Elixir of Greater Defense
- Learn [Artisan Alchemy] (Alliance) Kylanna Windwhisper in Feralas | (Horde) Rogvar in Swamp of Sorrows
- Materials Needed 15 Sungrass + 15 Khadgar’s Whisker + 15 Crystal Vial
- Make 15 Superior Healing Potion
You end up making some rather useless potions, however, you gain an easy 20 levels in the process.
- Materials Needed 20 Arthas’ Tears + 20 Crystal Vial
- Make 20 Elixir of Detect Undead
- Materials Needed 15 Sungrass + 15 Goldthorn + 15 Crystal Vial
- Make 15 Elixir of Greater Agility
It starts to become expensive at this point and you will also need to purchase a Recipe from a vendor to prepare these potions for levelling up. You will need 20 Sungrass + 20 Blindweed Ingredients to make enough.
- Materials Needed 20 Sungrass + 20 Blindweed + 20 Crystal Vial
- Purchase Recipe: Superior Mana Potion from Ulthir in Darnassus in Craftsmen’s Terrace (Alliance), or from Algernon in Undercity (Horde)
- Make 20-25 Superior Mana Potions
Another Recipe purchase is required for these final levels of alchemy and 40 Golden Sansam + 20 Mountain Silversage.
- Materials Needed 40 Golden Sansam + 20 Mountain Silversage + 20 Crystal Vial
- Purchase Recipe: Major Healing Potion from Evie Whirlbrew in Everlook for both (Alliance) and (Horde)
- Make 20 Major Healing Potions
You Reached Max Level Alchemy
Now that you have maxed out this profession you can make many useful potions, most of which can be learnt from Recipes purchased from various Vendors. We recommend collecting Recipes from the following Vendors:
(Note: Some vendors will require a Friendly, Honored, Revered or Exalted Standing just to purchase the Recipe from the Vendor.)
- Meilosh Vendor in Felwood
- Alchemist Pestlezugg Vendor in Tanaris (Arcanite Bar Recipe: 2 Day Cooldown for each Bar)
- Evie Whirbrew Vendor in Winterspring