Red Dead Redemption 2 Pelican can be hunted and skinned for crafting materials, it's a Moderate sized Bird animal. We recommend using a Varmint Rifle or a Repeater to hunt this animal. You can cook the Exotic Bird meal from hunting it, American White Pelican, Brown Pelican. it's not a Legendary Animal.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Pelican Locations
Every type of Pelican found in RDR2.
Using the best weapons to hunt a Pelican in Red Dead 2, will reward you with a Perfect Quality Kill. Since this animal is carnivores you should use Predator Bait to attract it in the wild.
Pelican Perfect Quality Kill Weapons.
- Use Predator Bait
- Varmint Rifle with 0.22
Regular Pelican Locations
There's currently no Legendary version of this animal.
American White Pelican
- The American White Pelican is native to the coastal areas of West Elizabeth, New Hanover and Lemoyne.
- Their carnivorous diet consists of fish, insects, amphibians, turtles, crustaceans, birds and small mammals.
- The Varmint Rifle is considered to be the most effective weapon for hunting pelicans.
- The meat from pelicans can be used for cooking and their feathers can be used for crafting.
Locations where you can find:
- Brown Pelicans are native to the coastal areas of West Elizabeth, New Hanover and Lemoyne.
- As carnivores, their diet includes small birds and mammals, turtles, crustaceans, fish and amphibians.
- The Varmint Rifle is considered to be the ideal weapon for hunting pelicans.
- The feathers from pelicans can be used for crafting, and their meat can be used for cooking.
Locations where you can find:
Pelican Cooking Recipes
Cooking recipes you can use with this animal.
|Recipe Name||Regular||Thyme Type||Oregano Type||Mint Type|
|Exotic Bird||Plain Exotic Bird||Thyme Exotic Bird||Oregano Exotic Bird||Minty Exotic Bird|
|Perfect Pelican Carcass||$3.75||Perfect Kill|
|Good Pelican Carcass||$2.25||Good Kill|
|Poor Pelican Carcass||$1.5||Poor Kill|
|Exotic Bird Meat||$0.6||Any|
Red Dead Redemption 2 Pelican Crafting
What you can make from Pelican crafting materials.
|Item Name||Pricing||How to unlock|
|Recipe Name||Effect||How to obtain||Type||Price|
Where to find these Special Crafting Materials
|Ingredient||How to get|
|Used for||It makes||Crafting ingredients|
|Recipe Name||Ingredients||Where to find||Description|
|Improved Arrow||– 1x Arrow – 1x Flight Feather||Received at the start of Chapter 2||+ 15 Damage|
|Fire Arrow||– 1x Arrow – 1x Animal Fat – 1x Flight Feather||Received at the start of Chapter 2||+ 20 Damage | Incendiary Effect|
|Dynamite Arrow||– 1x Arrow – 1x Dynamite – 1x Flight Feather||Located at the South end of Wapiti Indian Reservation, at the base of a wooden bridge you will find it within a chest. | Also sold by Fences after “A Short Walk in a Pretty Town”||+ 40 Damage | Explosive Effect|
|Poison Arrow||– 1x Arrow – 1x Oleander Sage – 1x Flight Feather||Located Northeast of Bacchus Station, right outside the Mysterious Hill Home. You will receive it from a chest | Also sold by Fences after Chapter 2||+ 5 Damage | Good for Hunting|
|Small Game Arrow||– 1x Arrow – 1x Regular Shotgun Shells – 1x Flight Feather||Received at the start of Chapter 2||- 20 Damage | Good for Hunting Small animals|
Other Moderate Animals
See more guides