Red Dead Redemption 2 Crane can be hunted and skinned for crafting materials, it's a Moderate sized Bird animal. We recommend using a Varmint Rifle or a Repeater to hunt this animal. You can cook the Gamey Bird meal from hunting it, Whooping Crane, Sandhill Crane. it's not a Legendary Animal.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Crane Locations
Every type of Crane found in RDR2.
Using the best weapons to hunt a Crane in Red Dead 2, will reward you with a Perfect Quality Kill. Since this animal is omnivores you should use Predator Bait and Herbivore Bait to attract it in the wild.
Crane Perfect Quality Kill Weapons.
- Use Predator Bait and Herbivore Bait
- Varmint Rifle with 0.22
Regular Crane Locations
There's currently no Legendary version of this animal.
- Whooping Cranes can be found in the wetlands of Lemoyne and New Hanover.
- Their omnivorous diet consists of nuts, berries, seeds, and insects, as well as small birds and reptiles.
- The Varmint Rifle is considered to be the best weapon to take down cranes.
- Their feathers can be used for crafting and the carcass can be sold to traders.
Locations where you can find:
- The Sandhill Crane inhabits the wet and grassy marshland of Lemoyne and New Hanover.
- As omnivores, their diet includes nuts, berries, insects, small birds and reptiles.
- The easiest way to take down a crane is by using a Varmint Rifle.
- The carcass can be sold to traders and their feathers can be used for crafting.
Locations where you can find:
Crane Cooking Recipes
Cooking recipes you can use with this animal.
|Recipe Name||Regular||Thyme Type||Oregano Type||Mint Type|
|Gamey Bird||Plain Game Bird||None||None||None|
|Perfect Crane Carcass||$2.75||Perfect Kill|
|Good Crane Carcass||$1.65||Good Kill|
|Poor Crane Carcass||$1.1||Poor Kill|
|Gamey Bird Meat||$0.25||Any|
Red Dead Redemption 2 Crane Crafting
What you can make from Crane crafting materials.
|Item Name||Pricing||How to unlock|
|Recipe Name||Effect||How to obtain||Type||Price|
Where to find these Special Crafting Materials
|Ingredient||How to get|
|Used for||It makes||Crafting ingredients|
|Recipe Name||Ingredients||Where to find||Description|
|Improved Arrow||– 1x Arrow – 1x Flight Feather||Received at the start of Chapter 2||+ 15 Damage|
|Fire Arrow||– 1x Arrow – 1x Animal Fat – 1x Flight Feather||Received at the start of Chapter 2||+ 20 Damage | Incendiary Effect|
|Dynamite Arrow||– 1x Arrow – 1x Dynamite – 1x Flight Feather||Located at the South end of Wapiti Indian Reservation, at the base of a wooden bridge you will find it within a chest. | Also sold by Fences after “A Short Walk in a Pretty Town”||+ 40 Damage | Explosive Effect|
|Poison Arrow||– 1x Arrow – 1x Oleander Sage – 1x Flight Feather||Located Northeast of Bacchus Station, right outside the Mysterious Hill Home. You will receive it from a chest | Also sold by Fences after Chapter 2||+ 5 Damage | Good for Hunting|
|Small Game Arrow||– 1x Arrow – 1x Regular Shotgun Shells – 1x Flight Feather||Received at the start of Chapter 2||- 20 Damage | Good for Hunting Small animals|
Other Moderate Animals
See more guides