Welcome to our Red Dead Redemption 2 Animals Hunting Guide for PS4, XBOX1, and PC. You can view all the wildlife animal locations in Red Dead Redemption 2, such as Grizzly, Alligators, Bald Eagle, Coyote, and Whitetail Bucks. There are around 200 Species of Animals players can find and hunt within the game.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Animal Locations
Red Dead Redemption 2 Animal Locations will vary depending on the species and its animal family. The weapon you should use will depend on the animal size, this is because using the right weapon will increase the kill quality.
You can learn more about Kill and Animal Quality on our Hunting and Skinning Guide.
Did You Know? Horses can hold all the different types of small game and other animals in red dead redemption 2 while Hunting.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Legendary Animals
Hunting Red Dead Redemption 2 Legendary Animals will be a challenging task, the method and locations of these Legendary Animals are meant to be difficult to find.
- Loot from the Corpses of Legendary Animals can be used to create unique clothing.
- Red Dead 2 Legendary Wildlife will be stronger, faster and much harder to find the regular wildlife.
Below is the List of all Legendary animals and their Locations learn more by Clicking/Tapping the Name Link
- Legendary Bullgator
- Legendary Bharati Grizzly Bear
- Legendary Giaguaro Panther
- Legendary Bighorn Ram
- Legendary Tatanka Bison
- Legendary White Bison
- Legendary Cougar
- Legendary Wolf
- Legendary Boar
- Legendary Pronghorn
- Legendary Moose
- Legendary Beaver
- Legendary Buck
- Legendary Coyote
- Legendary Elk
- Legendary Fox
Red Dead Redemption 2 Hunting Animals
The Red Dead Redemption 2 Hunting Animals List of all Wildlife, Birds, and Fish, all of which can be found in their unique environment. This guide will apply across all platforms this game is available on PC, XBOX1, and PS4. Hunting Animals in Red Dead Redemption 2 are essential skills for survival in the wilderness, providing Food, Materials and an extra source of income.
Best Weapon For Hunting Animals in Red Dead Redemption 2
- Use a bow with 1 shot to the heart or head and it will be 3-star kill
|Hunting Items||What it does|
|Makes a gentleman of any man|
|Makes a strong cup of coffee|
|Attract feral hogs, wolves, cougars and other unwanted wildlife|
|Custom made lure for lake fishing.|
|Attract buck, rabbits and other unwanted wildlife|
Quality Gun Oil
|Preserves all metals from rust or tarnish. Will not corrode or become rancid. Keeps all firearms clean and neat.|
|Excellent for attracting medium-sized river fish, especially smallmouth bass.
(One tin contains five crickets.)
Cover Scent Lotion
|keep your scent under control for hours, allowing you to hunt without alerting any deer of your presence|
|Excellent for attracting medium-sized lake fish, especially steelhead trout.
(One tin contains five worms.)
What You Should Know Before Hunting in Red Dead Redemption 2
- Tracking Animals takes focus and patience; move carefully and watch the direction of the wind.
- If your first shot is not immediately fatal, your prey will try to escape. follow clues like blood to track it down.
- Your Weapon Choice will affect the quality of the Meat and Pelt. The Bow and Arrow is often the optimal weapon choice for clean kills.
- When Hunting Wildlife in RDR2 you gather natural resources like meat, hides and other materials. Which you can then sell to General Stores, Butchers or use them to cook and craft.
- Legendary animals make a return. Only one legendary animal exists for select species.