Red Dead Redemption 2 Cougar can be hunted and skinned for crafting materials, it's a Large sized Mammal animal. We recommend using a Rifle or a Sniper to hunt this animal. You can craft a Cougar's Paw Trinket at the Fence Shop using it's materials and cook the Big Game meal from hunting it, Cougar, Legendary Cougar.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Cougar Locations
Every type of Cougar found in RDR2.
Using the best weapons to hunt a Cougar in Red Dead 2, will reward you with a Perfect Quality Kill. Since this animal is carnivore you should use Predator Bait to attract it in the wild.
Cougar Perfect Quality Kill Weapons.
- Use Predator Bait
- Bow with Arrow
- Bow with Poison Arrow
- Throwable with Poison Throwing Knife
- Rifle with Regular
- Rifle with Split Point
- Rifle with High Velocity
- Rifle with Express
- Sniper with Regular
- Sniper with Split Point
- Sniper with High Velocity
- Sniper with Express
Regular Cougar Locations
RDR2 Legendary Cougar Locations
- You can find Legendary Cougar at Gaptooth Ridge, just west from Tumbleweed
- Cougars are native to the states of New Austin, West Elizabeth and remote forested sections of New Hanover.
- As carnivores, they prey on deer, elk, moose, and mountain goats.
- The easiest way to take down a cougar of this size is by either using a Bow with Poison Arrows or a rifle.
- Their fangs can be used for crafting and their meat can be used as food.
Locations where you can find:
- The Legendary Cougar is native to Gaptooth Ridge in New Austin.
- The unique black fur makes this cougar easily recognizable.
- As a carnivore, it preys on deer, elk, moose, and mountain goats.
- Long distance weapons like rifles, or a Bow with Poison Arrows, are recommended for hunting as the vicious nature of cougars means they are prone to attack.
- Killing this animal will give you the opportunity to craft a rare trinket.
Locations where you can find:
Cougar Cooking Recipes
Cooking recipes you can use with this animal.
|Recipe Name||Regular||Thyme Type||Oregano Type||Mint Type|
|Big Game||Plain Big Game||Thyme Big Game||Oregano Big Game||Minty Big Game|
|Good Cougar Carcass||$8.1||Good Kill|
|Legendary Cougar Carcass||$50||Legendary Only|
|Poor Cougar Carcass||$5.4||Poor Kill|
|Perfect Cougar Fur||$5||Perfect Kill|
|Legendary Cougar Pelt||$47||Legendary Only|
|Good Cougar Fur||$3||Good Kill|
|Poor Cougar Fur||$2||Poor Kill|
|Perfect Cougar Carcass||$13.5||Perfect Kill|
|Big Game Meat||$0.75||Any|
|Legendary Cougar Fang||$0||Legendary Only|
Red Dead Redemption 2 Cougar Crafting
What you can make from Cougar crafting materials.
|Item Name||Pricing||How to unlock|
|Legendary Cougar/Wolf Vest||$42.00||Legendary Cougar Pelt, Legendary Wolf Pelt|
|Cougar Cutaway Coat||$39.00||Perfect Cougar Pelt x2, Perfect Black Bear Pelt|
|Rustic Vest||$23.00||Perfect Cougar Pelt|
|Legendary Cougar Riding Gloves||$20.00||Legendary Cougar Pelt, Perfect Boar Pelt|
|Legendary Cougar Flop Hat||$19.00||Legendary Cougar Pelt, Turkey Feather x2|
|Cougar McClelland Saddle||$110.00||Perfect Cougar Pelt|
|Recipe Name||Effect||How to obtain||Type||Price|
|Cougar's Paw Trinket||Raises Stamina XP gain by 10%||Legendary Cougar Fang||Stamina||$20.5|
Where to find these Special Crafting Materials
|Ingredient||How to get|
|Used for||It makes||Crafting ingredients|
|Arthur's Lodging||Cougar Pelt Covered Chest||2x Perfect Cougar Pelt|
|Satchel||Legend of the East Satchel||(Complete all Stachel Upgrade) - Perfect Deer Pelt, Perfect Cougar Pelt, Perfect Wolf Pelt|
|Recipe Name||Ingredients||Where to find||Description|
Other Large Animals
See more guides