Red Dead Redemption 2 Buck can be hunted and skinned for crafting materials, it's a Large sized Mammal animal. We recommend using a Rifle or a Sniper to hunt this animal. You can craft a Buck Antler Trinket at the Fence Shop using it's materials and cook the meal from hunting it, Whitetail Buck, Legendary Buck.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Buck Locations
Every type of Buck found in RDR2.
Using the best weapons to hunt a Buck in Red Dead 2, will reward you with a Perfect Quality Kill. Since this animal is herbivore you should use Herbivore Bait to attract it in the wild.
Buck Perfect Quality Kill Weapons.
- Use Herbivore Bait
- Bow with Arrow
- Bow with Poison Arrow
- Throwable with Poison Throwing Knife
- Rifle with Regular
- Rifle with Split Point
- Rifle with High Velocity
- Rifle with Express
- Sniper with Regular
- Sniper with Split Point
- Sniper with High Velocity
- Sniper with Express
Regular Buck Locations
RDR2 Legendary Buck Locations
- You can find Legendary Buck Northwest of Strawberry
- The Whitetail Buck can be found in forested areas across the states.
- It is a herbivore, and consumes nuts, buds, twigs, and green plants.
- Keeping your distance when hunting deer can increase your chances of a kill.
- Long range weapons, like a rifle or a Bow with Poison Arrows, are the most successful weapons for hunting.
- Its venison can be eaten, and the antlers and skin can be used to craft with.
Locations where you can find:
- The Legendary Buck is endemic to Big Valley in West Elizabeth.
- Its light brown and white short hair makes this buck distinguishable to other bucks.
- As a herbivore, it consumes nuts, buds, twigs, and green plants.
- A rifle, or a Bow with Poison Arrows, are considered to be the best weapons to hunt this animal.
- Killing this animal will give you the opportunity to craft a rare trinket.
Locations where you can find:
Buck Cooking Recipes
Cooking recipes you can use with this animal.
|Recipe Name||Regular||Thyme Type||Oregano Type||Mint Type|
|Good Buck Carcass||$6||Good Kill|
|Poor Buck Carcass||$4||Poor Kill|
|Legendary Buck Carcass||$31.5||Legendary Only|
|Perfect Buck Fur||$3.25||Perfect Kill|
|Legendary Buck Pelt||$29||Legendary Only|
|Perfect Buck Carcass||$10||Perfect Kill|
|Good Buck Fur||$1.95||Good Kill|
|Poor Buck Fur||$1.3||Poor Kill|
|Legendary Buck Antler||$0||Legendary Only|
Red Dead Redemption 2 Buck Crafting
What you can make from Buck crafting materials.
|Item Name||Pricing||How to unlock|
|Buck Riding Gloves||$5.00||Perfect Buck Pelt|
|Legendary Buck & Fox Range Gloves||$28.00||Legendary Buck Pelt, Legendary Fox Pelt|
|Legendary Buck Vest||$26.00||Legendary Buck Pelt, Perfect Ram Hide|
|Country Vest||$25.00||Perfect Buck Pelt, Perfect Beaver Pelt|
|Moccasins||$17.00||Perfect Buck Pelt|
|Two Toned Moccasins||$15.00||Perfect Buck Pelt|
|Recipe Name||Effect||How to obtain||Type||Price|
|Buck Antler Trinket||Raises chances of higher-quality parts from skinning animals||Legendary Buck Antler||General||$22|
Where to find these Special Crafting Materials
|Ingredient||How to get|
|Used for||It makes||Crafting ingredients|
|Scout Campfire||Hanging Bones||Buck Antlers|
|Camp Entrance||Buck Skull||Perfect Buck Carcass|
|Satchel||Tonics Satchel||(Tier 3 Medicine/Health supplies Ledger Upgrade) - Perfect Deer Pelt, Perfect Buck Pelt, Perfect Elk Pelt|
|Recipe Name||Ingredients||Where to find||Description|
Other Large Animals
See more guides