Red Dead Redemption 2 Coyote can be hunted and skinned for crafting materials, it's a Medium sized Mammal animal. We recommend using a Rifle or a Sniper to hunt this animal. You can craft a Coyote Fang Trinket at the Fence Shop using it's materials and cook the Stringy Meat meal from hunting it, California Valley Coyote, Legendary Coyote.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Coyote Locations
Every type of Coyote found in RDR2.
Using the best weapons to hunt a Coyote in Red Dead 2, will reward you with a Perfect Quality Kill. Since this animal is carnivorous you should use Predator Bait to attract it in the wild.
Coyote Perfect Quality Kill Weapons.
- Use Predator Bait
- Bow with Arrow
- Bow with Poison Arrow
- Throwable with Throwing Knife
- Throwable with Poison Throwing Knife
- Repeater with Regular
- Repeater with Split Point
- Repeater with High Velocity
- Repeater with Express
- Rifle with Regular
- Rifle with Split Point
- Rifle with High Velocity
- Rifle with Express
- Sniper with Regular
- Sniper with Split Point
- Sniper with High Velocity
- Sniper with Express
Regular Coyote Locations
RDR2 Legendary Coyote Locations
- You can find the Legendary Coyote near Scarlett Meadows, which is just Northwest of Rhodes
California Valley Coyote
- The California Valley Coyote can be found across New Austin, West Elizabeth, Lemoyne and New Hanover.
- Their diet is primarily carnivorous, consuming the meat of rodents as its main food source.
- Using a Bow and arrows, or a repeater, should be considered when hunting for a clean kill.
- Their pelt can be sold or used in crafting, and their meat can be consumed, though it is considered stringy.
Locations where you can find:
- The Legendary Coyote is native to The Heartlands, New Hanover.
- This dark gray coyote can be recognized by its larger than average size.
- Its diet is primarily carnivorous, consuming meat of rodents as its main food source.
- The most effective weapons to hunt this animal are considered to be a repeater or a Bow with arrows.
- Killing this animal will give you the opportunity to craft a rare trinket.
Locations where you can find:
Coyote Cooking Recipes
Cooking recipes you can use with this animal.
|Recipe Name||Regular||Thyme Type||Oregano Type||Mint Type|
|Stringy Meat||Plain Stringy Meat||None||None||None|
|Perfect Coyote Carcass||$3.5||Perfect Kill|
|Legendary Coyote Carcass||$22.75||Legendary Only|
|Legendary Coyote Pelt||$22||Legendary Only|
|Good Coyote Carcass||$2.1||Good Kill|
|Perfect Coyote Fur||$1.5||Perfect Kill|
|Poor Coyote Carcass||$1.4||Poor Kill|
|Good Coyote Fur||$0.9||Good Kill|
|Poor Coyote Fur||$0.6||Poor Kill|
|Legendary Coyote Fang||$0||Legendary Only|
Red Dead Redemption 2 Coyote Crafting
What you can make from Coyote crafting materials.
|Item Name||Pricing||How to unlock|
|Legendary Coyote Mountain Hat||$23.00||Legendary Coyote Pelt, Eagle Feather x2|
|Legendary Coyote Half Chaps||$20.00||Legendary Coyote Pelt, Perfect Fox Pelt x2|
|Coyote Scout Jacket||$20.00||Perfect Ox Hide, Perfect Coyote Plet|
|Coyote Gambler's Hat||$16.00||Perfect Coyote Pelt x2|
|Recipe Name||Effect||How to obtain||Type||Price|
|Coyote Fang Trinket||Raises Dead Eye XP gain by 10%||Legendary Coyote Fang||Dead Eye||$21.5|
Where to find these Special Crafting Materials
|Ingredient||How to get|
|Used for||It makes||Crafting ingredients|
|Camp Entrance||Fur Horse Blankets||Perfect Coyote Pelt x2, Perfect Bison Pelt|
|Recipe Name||Ingredients||Where to find||Description|
|Predator Bait||– 1x Stringy Meat – 1x Wintergreen, Evergreen, Huckleberry, Raspberry or Blackberry|
Other Medium Animals
See more guides