Red Dead Redemption 2 Heron can be hunted and skinned for crafting materials, it's a Moderate sized Bird animal. We recommend using a Varmint Rifle or a Repeater to hunt this animal. You can cook the Gamey Bird meal from hunting it, Great Blue Heron, Tricolored Heron. it's not a Legendary Animal.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Heron Locations
Every type of Heron found in RDR2.
Using the best weapons to hunt a Heron in Red Dead 2, will reward you with a Perfect Quality Kill. Since this animal is carnivores you should use Predator Bait to attract it in the wild.
Heron Perfect Quality Kill Weapons.
- Use Predator Bait
- Varmint Rifle with 0.22
Regular Heron Locations
There's currently no Legendary version of this animal.
Great Blue Heron
- The Great Blue Heron inhabits the wet and grassy marshlands of Lemoyne.
- Their carnivorous diet consists of small fish, crustaceans, amphibians, and small birds.
- The Varmint Rifle is considered to be the best weapon to wound or kill a heron.
- Herons plume can be used for crafting and their meat can be used for cooking.
Locations where you can find:
- Tricolored Herons can be found in the wet and grassy marshlands of Lemoyne.
- As carnivores, they prey on fish, insects, amphibians, and crustaceans.
- The Lancaster Varmint Rifle is considered to be the best weapon for a clean kill.
- Heron plumes can be used for crafting and their meat can be used for cooking.
Locations where you can find:
Heron Cooking Recipes
Cooking recipes you can use with this animal.
|Recipe Name||Regular||Thyme Type||Oregano Type||Mint Type|
|Gamey Bird||Plain Game Bird||None||None||None|
|Perfect Heron Carcass||$3.25||Perfect Kill|
|Good Heron Carcass||$1.95||Good Kill|
|Poor Heron Carcass||$1.3||Poor Kill|
|Gamey Bird Meat||$0.25||Any|
Red Dead Redemption 2 Heron Crafting
What you can make from Heron crafting materials.
|Item Name||Pricing||How to unlock|
|Recipe Name||Effect||How to obtain||Type||Price|
Where to find these Special Crafting Materials
|Ingredient||How to get|
|Used for||It makes||Crafting ingredients|
|Recipe Name||Ingredients||Where to find||Description|
|Improved Arrow||– 1x Arrow – 1x Flight Feather||Received at the start of Chapter 2||+ 15 Damage|
|Fire Arrow||– 1x Arrow – 1x Animal Fat – 1x Flight Feather||Received at the start of Chapter 2||+ 20 Damage | Incendiary Effect|
|Dynamite Arrow||– 1x Arrow – 1x Dynamite – 1x Flight Feather||Located at the South end of Wapiti Indian Reservation, at the base of a wooden bridge you will find it within a chest. | Also sold by Fences after “A Short Walk in a Pretty Town”||+ 40 Damage | Explosive Effect|
|Poison Arrow||– 1x Arrow – 1x Oleander Sage – 1x Flight Feather||Located Northeast of Bacchus Station, right outside the Mysterious Hill Home. You will receive it from a chest | Also sold by Fences after Chapter 2||+ 5 Damage | Good for Hunting|
|Small Game Arrow||– 1x Arrow – 1x Regular Shotgun Shells – 1x Flight Feather||Received at the start of Chapter 2||- 20 Damage | Good for Hunting Small animals|
Other Moderate Animals
See more guides