Welcome to our Pokemon GO Quests Guide, here we will go through everything we know about the types of research quests and rewards. Before we dive too deep lets first understand what Pokemon GO Field Research and Special Research are and how to start earning item rewards.
Pokemon GO Quests
Similar to the already existing daily rewards, players can do additional Feild Research and Special Research for more Item Rewards.
Both Field and Special Research act like a mission or quest in the gaming sense and requires players to complete a set of specific amount of “Tasks” to earn a “Stamp” which is used to complete a “Research breakthrough” which will complete the Pokemon GO Quest and reward you with Stardust, Items and even Pokemon Appearances.
- Field Research, also known as a Daily Tasks is fairly simple, players will need to spin Pokestops to receive “Tasks”. Completing these “Tasks” will reward you with “Stamps” and with 7 Stamps players can complete a “Research Breakthrough”.
- Special Research, also known as a Story Quest, these are requested by Professor Willow and will be story driven Progression. They consist of Multiple Tasks and will unlock Rewards and exclusive Mythical Pokemon Appearances.
Pokemon GO Special Research
Here is a handy little showcase of all the rewards you will earn from the first Pokemon GO Special Research Quest Line.
Players will be given a Pokemon GO Special Research Quest from Professor Willow and will begin a story-driven quest line. Upon completion, players will receive various rewards such as pokemon encounters.
- Mew Confirmed and can be earned by completing the A Mythical Discovery Quest Line.
Pokemon GO Special Research Rewards
|A Mythical Discovery 1/8||Reward|
|Spin 5 Pokestops||500 XP|
|Catch 10 Pokemon||500 XP|
|Transfer 5 Pokemon||500 XP|
|Complete||10 Great Balls, 1 Incubator, 3 Lure Modules|
|A Mythical Discovery 2/8||Reward|
|Earn 2 Candies walking with your buddy||1000 XP|
|Make 10 Great Throws||1000 XP|
|Hatch 3 Eggs||1000 XP|
|Complete||2000 Stardust, 3 Incense, and 20 Great Balls|
|A Mythical Discovery 3/8||Reward|
|Reach level 15||1500 XP|
|Battle in a Gym twice||1500 XP|
|Battle in a Raid twice||1500 XP|
|Complete||1 Charged TM, 1 Fast TM, 2 Star Pieces|
|A Mythical Discovery 4/8||Reward|
|Silver Kanto Badge||2000 XP|
|Evolve 20 Pokemon||2000 XP|
|Earn 5 Candy walking your buddy||2000 XP|
|Complete||4000 Stardust, 3 Lures, and 20 Great Balls|
|A Mythical Discovery 5/8||Reward|
|Catch a Ditto||2500 XP|
|Make 20 Great throws||2500 XP|
|Catch 10 Ghost-type Pokemon||2500 XP|
|Complete||1 Premium Raid Pass, 1 Lucky Egg, 15 Revives|
|A Mythical Discovery 6/8||Reward|
|Evolve a Magikarp||3000 XP|
|Battle 10 Raids||3000 XP|
|Reach level 25||3000 XP|
|Complete||6000 Stardust, 5 Rare Candies, and 3 Incense|
|A Mythical Discovery 7/8||Reward|
|Catch 50 Pokemon using a berry||3500 XP|
|Make 1 Excellent curve throw||3500 XP|
|Gold Kanto Badge||3500 XP|
|Complete||Mew encounter, 20 Ultra Balls, 8000 Stardust|
|A Mythical Discovery 8/8||Reward|
|Catch Mew||4000 XP|
|Complete||10 000 Stardust, 1 Super Incubator, 20 Mew Candies|
Want to view Pokemon GO Events Currently going on and planned for the future?
Pokemon GO Events
Pokemon GO Field Research
Pokemon GO Field Research Tasks are available to players at any Pokestop and will reward a Research Stamp.
- Once you have collected 7 Research Stamps you can reach a Research Breakthrough and unlock quest rewards encounter with a Legendary Pokemon.
- You can only collect 1 Stamp Per Day by completing one of the various Field Research Quests.
- Each Pokestop Pokemon GO Field Research Task is unique to that Pokestop for the day. This means you and your friend will get the exact same task from that specific Pokestop.
- Pokestop Field Research Tasks Reset every 24 hours around 12:00/1:00 AM-midnight.
You will have a legendary pokemon encounter that you can 100% catch. First, you will need to complete at least 1 Pokemon GO Field Research Tasks Every Day for the 1 Week. This will unlock a Research Breakthrough along with the Legendary you will receive additional rewards such as Stardust, Pokeballs and XP.
|Field Research Breakthrough|
NOTE: These pokemon encounters will NEVER run away, this means with enough pokeballs you have a 100% Catch Rate even for legendary pokemon. This is why players often recommend using the Pinap Berries on these encounters since legendary candy are some of the hardest to acquire in the game.
Completing a 7 Stamp Pokemon GO Field Research Breakthrough at the moment will reward players with the following
- 2,000 Stardust
- 2,000 XP
- Legendary Pokemon Encounter
Players will also receive one of the following items:
- 3 Rare Candy
- 20 Pokeballs
- 5 Ultraballs
- 5 Pinap Berries
Pokemon GO Field Research Rewards
How Does Pokemon GO Quests Work?
- Players will be required to reach a certain Level or Medal before a quest will become available to them.
- Pokemon GO Special Research tasks do not give a daily stamp – only field research does.
- Gyms do not give field research tasks.
- You can delay claiming your reward for a Pokemon GO field research task to earn your stamp on a new day.
- Pokemon GO Tasks are not awarded if your item bag is full
There are 16 types of Pokemon GO Quests players can earn the 1 stamp for the day and various other Item rewards.
- Multi Part Quest
- Catch Pokemon
- Evolve Pokemon
- Hatch Egg Pokemon
- Gym Battle
- Raid Battle
- Spin Pokestop
- Transfer Pokemon
- Favorite Pokemon
- Use Berry In an Encounter
- Land a Pokeball Throw
- Get Buddy Candy
- Upgrade Pokemon
Some of these Pokemon GO Quests will require you to reach a certain Level or Medal Type.
- Badge Rank Quests
- Player Level Quests
Rewards you can earn from completing Pokemon GO Quests.
- Encounter with a “Mythic Pokemon”
- Clothing for your Avatar