Welcome to our World of Warcraft Classic Priest Guide everything you need to get started playing the Priest Class. We walk through what we consider to be the Best Race, Weapons, Profession and Talent Specs to build and locations of every Priest Class trainer for Captial Cities in WoW Classic. Primary Stats explained and how they can increase your damage and critical strike chance the more you have the stat.
- Priest Primary Attributes Stats – Intellect, Spirit
- 1 melee Attack Power per point of strength.
- 15 Mana for each point of Intellect.
- 1% Spell Critical Strike chance for every 59.2 points of intellect.
|Priest Class Race Stats||Str||Agi||Sta||Int||Spi|
- Priest Class Bonus Stats – Intellect +2 | Spirit +3
The priest is a spellcaster with a diverse portfolio of spells. This class has the most potent healing spells, as well as excellent buffs. It also has good defensive spells that can ward allies from physical dangers and spells, as well as purely offensive shadow spells. However, as a primary spellcaster, the priest is extremely fragile, with poor health and weak melee power.
Priest Class Best Race
The Priest Class Best Race is a hard one since depending on the race you choose you will get 2 unique Priest only Spells. For the Horde, we think the Undead has the best Racial Traits and Ability Spells, and Alliance the Dwarves are a very strong choice for PVP, while some players will find the Human Race better if they focus more on PVE Raiding content.
- Best – Undead, Dwarves
- Average – Night Elf, Troll, Humans
- Weak –
- Not Available – Tauren, Gnome, Orc
Priest Racial Abilities
The Priest Class will receive 2 bonus ability spells based on which race you choose, these vary and should be taken into account as they are all very viable. Below we list each priest exclusive spell you will get and what it does to better help you choose the right race for the priest class.
- Dwarves – Fear Ward | Wards the friendly target against Fear. The next Fear effect used against the target will fail, using up the ward. Lasts 10 min.
- Dwarves – Desperate Prayer | Instantly heals the caster.
- Human – Feedback | When activated any successful spell cast against the priest will burn the attacker’s Mana, causing 1 Shadow damage for each point of Mana burned. Lasts 15 sec.
- Human – Desperate Prayer | Instantly heals the caster.
- Night Elf – Starshards | Rains starshards down on the enemy target’s, causing Arcane damage over 6 sec.
- Night Elf – Elune’s Grace | Reduces ranged damage taken and increases chance to dodge by 10% for 15 sec.
- Undead – Touch of Weakness | The next melee attack on the caster will cause 10.7% of your Spell power worth of Shadow damage and reduce the damage caused by the attacker for 2 min.
- Undead – Devouring Plague | Afflicts the target with a disease that causes Shadow damage over 24 sec. Damage caused by the Devouring Plague will heal the caster.
- Troll – Hex of Weakness | Weakens the target enemy, reducing damage caused by 2 min.
- Troll – Shadowguard | When activated any spell, melee or ranged attack hits the caster, the attacker will be struck for 26.7% of your Spell power as Shadow damage. Attackers can only be damaged once every few seconds. This damage causes no threat. 3 charges. Lasts 10 min.
WoW Classic Priest Best Weapon To Use
List of WoW Classic Priest Weapons you can use, you may have to visit your trainer to learn the ability to use these weapons.
- Common Weapon Skills – One-Handed Maces, Unarmed, Wands
- Advanced Weapon Skills – Daggers, Staves
- Armor Type You Can Use – Cloth
Best Profession For Priest
The best profession for priest class is similar to the mages, you have two solid choices between Alchemy and Tailoring. Alchemy can provide you with options to further help keep you and your teammates alive, and late game elixirs for Raiding. With Tailoring to can craft your own cloth gear and since you will pair it with the Enchanting profession you can then enchant that same gear for even more stats.
- Best – Alchemy + Herbalism OR Enchanting + Tailoring
World of Warcraft Classic Priest Class Talent Spec
Priest Spec Roles
The Discipline Spec may be able to flex between DPS and Healer Role, but it doesn’t do DPS better than Shadow Spec or Healing better than Holy. This makes the Disciple Spec not that great for PVE Dungeons and Raids, however, Discipline is quite good in PVP Battlegrounds for its ability to both fairly well.
- Priest DPS Spec – Discipline, Shadow
- Priest Healer Spec – Discipline, Holy
- Priest Tank Spec – N/A
Best Priest Class Spec
The Best Priest Class Spec is a tough one, if you plan to do a lot of PVE content just want to be able to heal any damage done to your allies then the Holy Spec is a must. We consider the Shadow and Discipline Talent Spec to be overall the best for PVP, and in the case of Shadow, we even recommend it as the preferred levelling spec build. All 3 of the priest specs are strong and you can go wrong with any of the choices here, so you should choose the one the fits your playstyle the best.
- Best – Discipline, Shadow, Holy
- Average –
- Weak –
Recommended WoW Classic Priest Talent Spec Build
You can view our many other WoW Classic Priest Class Guides by Clicking/Tapping the links below. The Best Gear for Twink Builds and a levelling guide for 1-60 Priest class, with locations and weapons you should use.
WoW Classic Priest Trainer Locations
Where to find each Priest Trainer Location in WoW Classic, images of each Trainer NPC Location within the major cities of the game that you will find yourself in.
Orgrimmar Priest Trainer Location
Orc | Troll
Thunder Bluff Priest Trainer Location
Ironforge Priest Trainer Location
Dwarf | Gnome
Undercity Priest Trainer Location
Stormwind Priest Trainer Location
Darnassus Priest Trainer Location