Welcome to our World of Warcraft Classic Frost Mage Build Guide that can be used in both PVP and PVE settings. Below we list the Best Race to use for the Frost Spec and what Stats you should have for Frost Mage in Classic WoW 1.12. We of course also detail what Talents you should use for Frost Mage Spec and even the builds overall strengths and weaknesses.
Frost Mage Best Race
These are the worst and Best Races to use for the Frost Mage Spec Build we have made below, this is mostly based on the Best Race Traits that can benefit the Frost Spec. Gnomes are benefited a bit from the Expansive Mind +5% INT and the Escape Artist (Breaks Roots and Snares).
- Best – Gnome, Troll
- Average – Humans, Undead
- Weak –
- Not Available – Night Elf, Orc, Tauren, Dwarves
World of Warcraft Classic Best Frost Mage Build
Frost Mage Stat Build
These are the best Stats for Frost Mage Builds in patch 1.12. Core Stats are a must have and are by far the most important stats for a Frost Mage Build, while Secondary Stats are really good and further improve on the builds overall strength. Lastly, we have Other Stats these can be useful but should only be picked up if none of the other stats are available.
- Core Stats [Spell Damage] – [Spell Hit (10%)] – [Spell Crit] – [Spell Penetration]
- Secondary Stats [Intellect] – [Stamina]
- Other Stats [Spirit] – [Mana Per 5 Seconds]
WoW Classic Frost Mage Talent Build Guide
Below we list which talents you should use in the Frost Spec for Mages to make the strongest Frost Build in patch 1.12. This Talent Build is focused on PVP use, you can, however, you can use this is in a dungeon and other PVE instances. If you are all about PVE content then we recommend using a Fire Mage Build.
Strength and Weaknesses
Below we list some of the Pros and Cons / Strength and Weakness of the Mage Class in general. This can further help you decide if this is the right class for your playstyle.
- Strength – Among the Highest DPS of all the Classes.
- Strength – Strong Crowd Control.
- Strength – Free Food, Mana Pots and Water.
- Weakness – Really Squishy in most cases.
- Weakness – Lack of Self Healing Abilities.