Welcome to our World of Warcraft Classic Best Tank Tier List, here we will rank what we consider to be the Best Tanking Class Spec for both PVE Dungeons, Raids and even PVP Battlegrounds Flag Running. Since the requirements for what makes a good Flag Runner in BGs is not just how well you can tank damage, we have rated certain classes such as druids higher.
Best Tank Tier List Rankings
- Best Tank – (Best) Highest Tank ranking in our WoW Classic Tanking Tier List.
- Strong Tank – (Strong) Good Choice, but not on the same level as Best Tanks.
- Average Tank – (Average) It works but we recommend something better.
- Weak Tank – (Weak) These choices are used as Off-Tanks, mostly thanks to their pets.
We didn’t add certain Classes/Specs that are considered an Only Healing or Only DPS Class.
WoW Classic Best Tank Class Spec For PVP
WoW Classic Best Tank Class Spec For PVP Flag Running within the Battlegrounds, since Tanks are not a required Role for PVP they are mostly used as Flag Runners in the Warsong Culch. With that in mind just tanking the most damage is not the only requirement that makes a good flag runner, but their ability to get past enemies is also very important.
- Best Tank For PVP – Warrior Protection – Druid Feral Combat
- Strong Tank For PVP – Paladin Protection
- Good Tank For PVP – Shaman Enhancement
- Weak Tank For PVP – Warlock Demonology – Hunter Beast Mastery
Warrior are players go to for Tanking, but being a good Flag Runner requires more than just being a damage sponge. This is why we have ranked class specs like Feral Combat Druid higher since they can move fast, heal themselves and even enter a tank form (Bear Form) for extra HP when they are getting attacked.
WoW Classic Best Tank Class Spec For PVE
WoW Classic Best Tank Class Spec For PVE Tier List determines what we consider to be the Best Tanking Spec for Dungeons, Raids, Questing. When it comes to PVE almost everyone will agree that the Warrior Class is the only true Tank Class in WoW Classic, as the others simply cannot do what the Warrior can.
- Best Tank For PVE – Warrior Protection
- Strong Tank For PVE – Paladin Protection
- Good Tank For PVE – Druid Feral Combat
- Weak Tank For PVE – Warlock Demonology – Hunter Beast Mastery – Shaman Enhancement
So Warriors are the best, and you can probably get away with using a Paladin or Druid (BearForm) as a Tank for Dungeons. There are even builds out there that can allow classes like Warlock to be an Off-Tank, which helps but is not a true Tank. This same thing is applied to Enhancement Shaman as it is possible to somewhat tank certain mobs with the right build and gear.