Niantic has confirmed there will be a Pokemon GO Halloween Event this year and will coincide with other events across various games from the franchise. Below we have a complete list of what to expect from this year’s event and what you should know. Be sure to bookmark and check back as this event guide page will be updated with the best strategies for getting the most out of this year’s Pokemon GO Halloween Event.
Pokemon GO Halloween Event
- Event Start Date – October 20 at 12:00 P.M. PDT
- Event End Date – November 2 at 1:00 P.M. PDT
Latest Update: GEN 3 Pokemon GO Halloween Event Pokemon and a NEW Cosmetic Hat are available, the event is now LIVE and GEN 3 Ghost Pokemon are now spawning at an increased rate.
A Reddit User by the name of Humpstyles made an awesome graphic to explain what to expect from this year’s holiday event.
|Pokémon GO Halloween What You Need To Know|
|Using a Pinap Berry when Catching Pokemon even Raid Bosses will give you 4x Candies instead of just 2x Candies.
|NEW Ghost Egg Hatches
||The NEW GEN 3 Ghost Pokemon are hatchable in eggs currently.
|Gen 4 Evolutions||These are the Pokemon you should farm up and prepare enough candies for their Cross Generation 4 Evolutions.
|Pokémon GO Equinox Event Effects|
|Special Event Boxes
||Special Event Box will cost 480 Pokecoins and contains the following items:
Total Box Value 850
Total Item Discount 44%
|Great Event Box
||Great Event Box will cost 780 Pokecoins and contains the following items:
Total Box Value 1250
Total Item Discount 38%
|Ultra Event Boxes
||Ultra Event Box will cost 1480 Pokecoins and contains the following items:
Total Box Value 2400
Total Item Discount 38%
The NEW Mimikyu Disguise Hat for your trainer avatar.
Players can also catch the NEW Halloween Witch Hat Pikachu, Pichu, and Raichu.
You can view more information about GEN 3 Ghost Pokemon below.
This year the main focus for the Halloween Event Bonus Rewards are Candies, as it fits the theme it made sense. Players would earn more Candies in-game from performing various actions list below.
|Pokemon GO Halloween Event||Rewards|
|Catching Pokemon Earn Twice The Amount of Candy||Unevolved
| 3 Candies = 6 Candies
| 5 Candies = 10 Candies
| 10 Candies = 20 Candies
|Transferring Pokemon will Earn twice the Amount||1 Candies Now = 2 Candies when you Transfer During the Halloween Event|
|Buddy Pokemon Will Award Candies Twice as Fast||1KM → 0.5KM = 1 Candies
3KM → 1.5KM = 1 Candies
5KM → 2.5KM = 1 Candies
|Egg Hatching = 2X Candies|| 2KM Egg Hatch = Double Candies
5KM Egg Hatch = Double Candies
10KM Egg Hatch = Double Candies
|Increase Spawn Rate of Spooky Mons||You can view the full list of Pokemon with increased spawn rates and the rarity in which they spawn below,|
There is also a huge increase in Ghost Type Pokemon Spawn Rates. This is something players are eagerly looking forward to this year and GEN 3 Ghost Pokemon.
Tap/Click on the Pokemon to view more Information!
These are the confirmed GEN 3 Ghost Type that will appear during this Pokemon GO Halloween Event with Increased Spawn Rates. Certain Dark Type Pokemon are also seeing an increase in Spawn Rates, these are all of the available dark type Pokemon.
Night Time Spawn Rarity Chart
Day Time Spawn Rarity Chart
They data used to make both the night time and day time rarity charts was provided by a Reddit user named Charter23.
What you can do to Prepare for this Pokemon GO Halloween Event
- The Perfect Buddy: Since you will be earning Candies twice as fast from walking your buddy, choosing the right buddy will be well worth it. Visit our Buddy Tier List to find the Perfect Buddy this Halloween Season.
|1KM - 0.50KM Per Candy||3KM - 1.50KM Per Candy||5KM - 2.5KM Per Candy|
- Save Up: Have plenty of Mons you want to Transfer Ready when the Halloween Event Starts.
- Hatch Eggs: If you plan to go trick or treating during Halloween, you should invest in some Egg Incubators. Don’t let all the walking you do during Halloween go to waste, hatch some eggs while you’re out and about.
- Making The Most of Egg Hatching: If you’re extra serious about taking advantage of the increased Candies drop rates from Egg Hatching. You should walk your egg the day before, but leave them with less than 1KM left on them. So as soon as the event starts you can quickly hatch even 10KM eggs and earn upwards of 60 Candies.
- Important: Don’t forget to bring some type of Phone Charging Device if you plan to be walking around for awhile.
- Plan Ahead of Time: What I plan to do and think other players might find useful is planning my trick or treating around known Spawn Points and even Gyms