This is our guide on Mystery Tours in Animal Crossing New Horizons, in this guide you will learn what a Mystery Tour is, how to go on one and how to get the most out of your tours.
What is a Mystery Island Tour
Mystery Tours are semi randomly-generated islands created when you use a Nook Miles Ticket at Dodo Airlines.
What tools you have to bring
- Fishing Rod
- Vaulting Pole (Highly recommended)
- Ladder (Not necessary but is nice to have)
- Fruit (Is not needed but can help if you wish to dig up trees and break rocks)
Tip: Try to be there with an empty inventory besides your tools and food.
If your tools break, you still have access to a DIY workbench. You can talk to Wilbur, and you can buy tools from him with Nook Miles.
How to go on a mystery tour.
- Make sure you pay off the initial loan
- Talk to Tom Nook (For a free ticket)
- Bring the ticket to the Airport
- talk to Orville and ask to go on a Mystery Tour
If you want more tickets after the first free one, you will have to purchase them with miles at the ATM in Nooks Tent/Resident Services.
Main things that can be found on mystery tours
- Special Fruit
- Villagers (They only appear sometimes, they can be asked to move to your island)
Tip: Consider buying a pocket organization guide for ten slots of extra space
List of Mystery Islands
Some islands spawn at certain times of the day. For Example, Tarantula Island (Only found at night).
|Island Type||What You Find||Map||Rank|
|Tarantula/Scorpion Island||Tarantula and Scorpion Bugs (8000 Bells)||Best|
|Money Rock Island #1||Bells come out of all the rocks you hit, and there are five rocks in the middle island.|
(Must bring Vaulting Pole and Shovel)
|Money Rock Island #2||Bells come out of all the rocks you hit, and there are rocks scattered around the island.|
(Must bring Ladder and Shovel)
|Dorsal-Finned Fish Island||Varieties of Shark and Ocean Sunfish (Great White Shark 15000 Bells)||Best|
|Gold Rock Island||Has a rock in the center of a small Island that drops Gold Nuggets when hit|
(Must Bring Ladder, Vaulting Pole, and Shovel)
|Sister Fruit Island||This Island has 19 Fruit trees that are referred to as your “Sister Fruit”|
this Island is ranked highly because of the amount of money you can make
|Hardwood Tree Island #1||The only bugs that spawn are those that only spawn on trees|
(Atlas Moth, Goliath Beetle, Rainbow Stag, just to name a few)
|Hardwood Tree Island #2||The Island has the same layout as the Bamboo Island but|
it instead has Hardwood Trees instead of Bamboo and
all the bugs that spawn are the ones on trees
|Hybrid Flower Island||The pond in the middle is surrounded by Hybrid Flowers of a single type|
the only bugs that spawn here are the ones that need flowers to spawn
(Butterflies, Honeybees, and so on)
|Waterfall Island||Because of the size of the Island and the amount of waterfalls|
this Island is great for farming
(Stringfish 15,000 Bells) and (Sturgeon Fish 10,000 Bells)
|Bamboo Island||Bamboo and Bamboo Shoots||Average|
|Big Fish Island #1||Bigger fish spawn here more than normal (Oarfish 9,000 Bells)|
Hybrid Flowers are also found here
Only Bugs that spawn on Flowers appear
|Big Fish Island #2||Large Fish (Oarfish 9,000 Bells for example)||Average|
|Curly River Island||Only Dragonflies and bugs that need water to spawn will appear here||Average|
|Spiral River Island||An Island you are more than likely to arrive on your first time going on|
|3 Prong Pond Island||Because of the big pond in the middle you will have an easier time|
getting rare pond fish (Koi 4,000 Bells)
|Short River Island #1||One of the first Islands you might arrive at when first using|
|Short River Island #2||Almost the exact same layout as the other Short River Island, but|
has the addition of a pond, it also is one of the first Islands you
will tour on
|Mountain Island||Only bugs from rocks spawn here (Centipedes and Pill Bugs)|
Only Ocean Fish can be caught here
|Trash Island||You only fish up Trash||Worst|
There are still more undiscovered Mystery Islands to be found and this List will be updated when more information becomes available.
It also should be noted, if you save and quit, your tour will be over, and you will be returned to your home when you start up again.
Tarantula Island ACNH
The Tarantula island is best for making bells since Tarantulas spawn indefinitely. Remember, Tarantulas only spawn at night.
You can make your own Tarantula island on the mystery tour without finding a genuine tarantula island.
- Wait until it is night, you will know when it is time when Tarantulas spawn on your island.
- Make sure you have all of the tools you need. (A Net, Shovel, Axe, Vaulting Pole, Ladder, And Fruit. Be sure to get multiple Nets.)
- Go on an Island Tour
- Eat some fruit.
- Clear out all of the rocks and trees; to get rid of trees, you will want to chop them down with an Axe and dig up the stumps left behind. For the rocks, you will want to eat some fruit and then hit them with a shovel to break them. You will need a ladder to reach the higher levels of the island.
- Get rid of all the bugs on the island by catching them and letting them go. (Butterflies, Ladybugs, Hermit crabs on the beach, etc.)
- Pick all of the flowers on the island; you do not have to uproot them. You have to pick them.
- Drop everything you got on the ground (Flowers, Wood, any resources that are not needed.)
- Tarantulas should now start spawning, and you can catch as many as you can hold.
When trying to catch a Tarantula, you want to sneak with your net and approach slowly. If you see them stand up on their hind legs, you want to stop and wait until they start wandering or stand normal again, then you can close in on them and catch them.
Note: When Water Bugs are in Season, Islands with rivers will be harder to turn into Tarantula Islands because the Water Bugs just need water to spawn.
The best way to get coconuts and Bamboo Shoots are through Mystery Island Tours.
Remember, you can not bury Bamboo Pieces or Young Spring Bamboo to grow Bamboo; you need to grow Bamboo Shoots. You get those by digging next to the Bamboo you find on the island.
Don’t forget you can also eat some fruit and pick up the Bamboo.
You can also get bamboo shoots from Daisy Mae if you spend a lot of Bells on her turnips. (She comes to your Island every Sunday morning)