This is all the information we have on the May Day Event in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Here you will learn what May Day is, how to complete the Maze, and what are your rewards.
Where To Get Your May Day Ticket In Animal Crossing New Horizons
If you start up the game on May 1st, Isabelle would have told you about the Event that will be going on from May 1st to May 7th and to talk to Tom Nook for more information. When speaking to Tom Nook, you will learn that May Day is an event to celebrate the hard workers out there, you will receive a ticket to go on a special tour, that will be left at Dodo Airlines.
Important things to note before beginning
You can only go on the May Day Tour once, you only get one ticket, and if you want to go again, you will have to wait until next year when May Day happens again.
If you get stuck or use an item you did not mean to use, you can use your phone to call the Rescue Services, it will cost you 500 Nook Miles, but it will reset the entire island and bring you back to the start.
- When eating a fruit, you can break rocks and uproot entire trees
- You can dig up bushes without the use of fruit
- Holes dug with a shovel can be jumped over
- There are little gaps in the Maze that can be jumped over by running at them
How To Complete The May Day Maze In ACNH
Below is a step by step walkthrough on how to get through the May Day Maze and obtain everything in it.
- Pick up the Shovel, dig up the bush to your left (you can bury the hole, don’t do it with your Shovel, kick the dirt back into the hole), and pick up the piece of fruit.
- Eat the piece of fruit and dig up the tree.
- Jump over a couple of holes and take a right and pick up three pieces of wood.
- Go back where you came from and go left this time, follow the path, and pick up the branch along the way.
- You will come across a hole, jump over, and you will see three holes, and across each one is a branch. Jump back and forth and grab everything. You should also find a Worn Axe here.
- Go back to the pathway that led you here, there should be a tree and behind it is two fruit and a branch, use the axe you picked up and cut down the tree. Sit down on the tree stump and turn towards the other area to get into it and grab the fruit and branch.
- Next, go back to the three holes where you found the stone, and the worn axe, and jump down across the first hole, head down and go left.
- Eat a fruit and break the rock blocking your way with the Shovel you have, and grab the Iron Ore.
- Go back to the main pathway, where you went right and found three pieces of wood, keep going past it, and you will find a rock, which you will need to break by eating a piece of fruit.
- Once the rock is broken, grab the fruit and the two recipes behind it, eat the fruit and dig up the tree blocking your way to the crafting bench.
- With all the materials you have, make an Axe (not a Flimsy Axe) and go back out of that little area.
- Jump over the three holes, which initially had the branches and such behind them. You will come face to face with another tree, chop it down and grab the fruit behind it.
- Take a roundabout way back to the main path, go back to the three holes you can jump across, which had the branches across them and jump across the first hole and follow the pathway to a tree at the end.
- Chop down the tree, jump over the hole and pick up a piece of fruit, jump over another hole and Chop down three more trees. (When you chop them down you can slide across the tree stump without digging up the stump)
- Speak to Rover to get your main Prize.
- Next, beside Rover’s little camp, there is a bush with four Bell Vouchers behind them, dig up the bush and pick them up.
- Now there are a couple of bushes beside the tree next to Rover’s camp, dig them up, and head down the side of the Island. (Be sure to kick the dirt back into the hole and do not bury it with your Shovel)
- You will see three rocks blocking five Bell Vouchers, eat three fruit, and break the rocks with your Shovel.
- Now dig up the remaining bushes in your way and go back to the plane. (Make sure you go back manually and do not call rescue services. If you call rescue services, the entire Island will reset, and you will have to do this all over again.)
After you obtain the Briefcase from Rover and the Bell Vouchers, you will be free to leave the Island. You are not able to keep the bushes and other things you obtained, only the Briefcase and Bell Vouchers are yours to keep. Bell Vouchers can be sold to Timmy and Tommy for 3,000 Bells apiece. Both of these things will be sent to you in the mail when you get home.